Entertainment Sunday: a poem from Jcnillepoetry

Prodigal son

Oh ye my soul saved from the dung
And worldly emptied song I sung,
My salvation story I have began,
There, when I lost my soul to the filthy swine
Dirtying my body right down to my soul
Then little did I know,
I'm loosing an eternal package in folds,
My life, my time I was told
If it worth the pleasures extract from the earth.

Oh hey I have been a fool,
Whiles I ate like the glutton toad
Eating the earthly ants until I burst my soul,
Dead I lived in the slams of my inequities
Now I seek to walk out bold,
A new baby I have been born
Seeking a milk of salvation,
Whiles I dream a meat of eternal life.

Hey I have seen the son
And now I have been gifted with a life,
Before I was struggling with darkness
A battle I have conquered with light,
In Him is life and the word I have dived in
Now I pray to all, it a new beginning.

@jcsonjenuis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tension mounting in Begoro over alleged attempts to enstool new chief

Police probe viral video of alleged misconduct of its officer

State will assist in Christian Atsu's funeral - President Akufo-Addo